Saturday 7 January 2012

Christmas in Denver // New Years in Punta Gorda

Hi Hope everyone had Happy Holidays!!!!!

I went to Denver for Christmas.  Spending the holidays with my step-sister Beth & her lovely family: Wally, Michael, David, Kylia & Shannon. Got to spend 8 wonderful days in a winter wonderland. Now I know most of you might think I am a bit crazy... but you HAVE to have snow at Christmas (in my mind). It was really a relaxing vacation. Tried to catch up on sleep & hanging out & socializing & of course eating too much!!! No I did not get out skiing - decided that it was not worth the effort or the risk.... that would be all I need to break a bone or hurt myself before the Worlds!!!

So flew back to Florida & was back to sun & sailing (I know the life of Riley - so it would appear - but you are sadly mistaken). We had a couple more days of training - it felt good to be back on the water & thank goodness not too many cobwebs in the head or body.

Spent New Year's Eve at the Tiki Bar - Sheraton Hotel - Downtown Punta Gorda. My teammate Ken, his wife Janice, some sailors from the US team and the Aussie's were in full form. It was an enjoyable evening - I think I rode my bike home about 2:30 AM.

Welcome 2012!!! I wish all of my friends & family all the best in the coming year.

Cheers Brenda

Oh forgot to share this gem.... drive through convenience store- right here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment