Monday 16 January 2012

RACE DAY #6

Final day of racing. Was not looking so good (@ 9:30) with little wind & giving the impression of a dying breeze.  But @ 10:30 the wind was up & the race was on. 

Ken & I sailed a great race - we were up in the top/middle for the entire race - nice change from playing catch up.  Coming into the final gate & reach to the finish line it could have easily been anyone of 3 boats (including us).  We scored a 6th & we were happy with that - both of the other 2 boats have been World Champions before & awesome sailors.

11 Races & we left nothing on the table.  Unfortunately for me & Ken it is over. Time on the water was the answer but we just ran out of time. I gave it my all & I am proud of that.

Now I am heading home!!! My mom is flying to Fort Myers on Tuesday & we are going the south route across the US & driving to Arizona.  My folks are there for the winter - so I will stay a few days with them & then head north.  If anyone wants to do a road trip with me from Phoenix (or Vegas) back the Kootenays drop me an email & we can make a plan. 

Thanks to everyone over the last 6 months who have given me your ears & your support & being my cheering squad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment